MAUNTZ INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM
On Sustainable Energy Production: Fossil; Renewables; Nuclear; Waste handling , processing, and storage for all energy production technologies; Energy conservation (7th Intl. Symp.)
This major symposium is in honor of the distinguished work and lifetime achievements of Prof. Dr. Manfred Mauntz. Professor Mauntz is a well-known person for his profound impact on determining wear and tear of rotating and none rotating machinery lubricated, preserved or cooled by crude oil derived lubricants and fluids with an online oil sensor system. Starting his first career steps under the guidance of his father and grandfather in the optimization of business processes in the production of wine in his family's own winery.
In his industrial career, before starting his own company cmc Instruments GmbH, he held leading positions, i.e. he worked as the head of product management and later as general manager.
His professional life was never boring: it was always characterized by constant innovations under his leadership. He continuously shaped new processes, new technologies and new products.
This symposium will touch and debate “Energy and Sustainability” related topics along subordinated themes such as but not limited to:
ROUND TABLE DISCUSSIONS
- Global primer energy consumption of today and the projections for the future.
- Energy efficiency, Entropy and Exergy. A scientific, technologic, social and markets assessment of these definitions.
- Energy and cost optimization by suited condition monitoring solutions for energy production and energy transmission grids.
- Megatrends: Decarbonization, Decentralization and Digitalization.
- The world in its combat on climate change. Revolution or Evolution, Which pathway to go and Why?
- Transformation of the energy utilization methods and technologies.
- Climate change: Anthropogenic or not? Latest reports and studies on climate change such as ‘Asynchronous carbon sink saturation in African and Amazonian tropical forests’ and other threats.
- Energy dependence, energy preference and their impact on the global migration problems.
- Australia’s wildfires and their impact on climate change. Are others to come?
- Predictive operation and maintenance systems for power plants and energy systems. Know-How, tools and technologies to improve operational excellence.
- Key minerals for battery storage technology. Where are they available and what is their quantity available. Who controls those minerals? Economical, ecological, social and political impact in mining these new treasures.
- Success stories on energy transition period related technologies and projects.
- Success stories on renewable energy technologies and projects.
- Lessons learnt from failed technologies and projects.
- Decentralized nuclear power technology status, its environmental impact and its market future.
- 100% renewable energy. A transformation for real, or only a phantasy?
- Funding the energy transformation. Financing the energy transition or transformation, the implementation of the UN Sustainability Development Goals and the Paris Climate Agreement, is a by the multilateral development banks (MDBs) supported, financed and catalyzed business. Do the MDBs touch and help the markets? Achievements and further goals.
A round table discussion open to everyone interested will be organized at a specific date and time during the symposium. It will be a platform for high level representatives of various industries, technologies, and academic disciplines to freely discuss and debate all topics of this symposium, and identify positive and efficient pathways towards sustainability in industrial practices, technologies, and research.
You are cordially invited to actively participate in this symposium by submitting and presenting a paper, or by attending the round table. We look forward to meeting you in Phuket, December 2021.
Click here to see the detailed scope and topics.
To download Flyer, click on the icon:
Click here to see the General Author Invitation
Dr. Florian Kongoli
Dr Harold Dodds
U. of Tennessee
Dr. Tamer Turna
Board Advisor & Vice President
KARPOWER INTERNATIONAL B.V.